Friday, March 6, 2009

Durham Trip

Well last weekend we ventured to Durham, NC for the first time since we moved last July. The car ride was about 5 hours or so plus stops and Zoe was a trooper!



(Zoe playing with Chris' wallet as an attempt to keep her happy the last 30 mins of the trip)


It was soooooo weird to be back and see all of the changes. There is now a Lowes being built at the corner of Fayettville and MLK. What used to be a dirt lot at the entrance to our neighborhood is now a senior living complex. And Fuqua's entrance was done!!!




(it was raining so we took this picture from the car)


We had a great time seeing old friends and hitting some of our fav spots. We had brunch at Foster's Saturday morning with Kris, Johann, Jason and Erin Rife and my friend Suzanne from the Junior League. We stopped by the Red Hen in Chapel Hill (a great children's consignment store that also sells new items) and scored on some things for Zoe. We then headed to the Duke bookstore and bought some more Duke Apparel for Chris and Zoe. I think Chris may actually have more Duke stuff than USC stuff which is just plain wrong in my opinion. I couldn't visit Durham without stopping by Parker and Otis. Here is the meal Chris and I shared, Zoe had her own grilled cheese.





(This is my favorite on their menu!!! The Chicken Curry Salad on Sunflower bread. We also each got a deviled egg...yummy!)



Saturday night we caught up with our old neighbors at Church and then hit Q Shack for a most delicious dinner. I know, I know it sounds like a lot of food but we just couldn't choose! Before heading out of town on Sunday we actually did what we came to Durham for, pick up our generator that Johann had borrowed for Campout. We then grabbed lunch from Saladelia to go and ate in the car. Good choice as we never saw anything but fast food for most of the car trip home.

The first part of the trip was raining (as was most of the weekend) but halfway through Virginia that rain turned to the snow and didn't stop! Luckily we got home in decent time but the snow kept coming. Zoe was very happy to stay at home all day Monday and out of her car seat. Chris was happy to stay home as well...due to the snow he got the day off from work. Chris already wants to go back in the summer. I keep trying to remind him of what summers in Durham are like but I think he already misses the hush puppies and turkey from Q Shack.


(Zoe eating grilled cheese and holding her new sippy cup)

(Zoe and I at Parker and Otis enjoying our lunch)

2 comments:

The Reiersons said...

Wow; Fuqua looks great! Thanks for the update on the changes - I have a feeling if I was to visit my undergrad I wouldn't even recognize it since I haven't been there since graduation in 2003! I can't believe how much Zoe has grown up since we saw y'all last summer - please keep the pictures coming! Lots of love, Amanda

Stacey said...

Awwww... makes me miss Durham!