Saturday, July 11, 2009

How Devine

Today Zoe and I attended a Fancy Nancy event featuring Mrs. Devine. Fancy Nancy is the main character in a series of children books. Mrs Devine is her glamorous neighbor that teaches Nancy about all things fancy. It was such a great event. They gave all of the little girls boas to wear and tiaras (Zoe had brought her own). Then Mrs Devine came out and read the most recent story in the series and played games with all of the little ladies. Afterward everyone had cookies and milk (or scones and tea for the grown-ups). All that and Zoe was given party favors including a free kids meal at California Pizza Kitchen. I will definitely be looking for more events at Borders.

(Probably the only picture of her face I managed to get all day)

(Zoe playing with the feather boa)



(Zoe and I before the event began...the tiara and boa didn't last long)



(Mrs. Devine talking to the girls)


(Zoe wondering around in her Fancy Dress...the invite did say to dress fancy)



In addition to attending book readings Zoe is quite the little lady that lunches as well. Here is a picture of Zoe eating with me at Nordstrom cafe last week. As a special treat I let her sit in the booth with me rather then in a highchair. She did really well so maybe this will be a regular occurrence.

(My little Lady sitting in a booth at Nordstrom Cafe...eating her macaroni and cheese)

3 comments:

The Reiersons said...

I love that you included the fact that Zoe had a boa already - too cute! (and so appropriate for Miss Fancy Zoe!) ;)

Stacey said...

So cute! Zoe is such a little lady!

Christine said...

Hi Cortney! My mom is friends with your mom and they ran into each other the other day. Anyways, my mom told me that you were living in Annapolis. I am moving to Washington, DC in mid-Sept and I have a friend who works at the Academy as well. It is a small world. What does your husband do at the Academy? You went to school with my brother, Michael. My sis, Jennie went to school with your sis Trina. Looks like you are enjoying Annapolis, I love it there. :) Chrissy Motschman - chrissym@gmail.com