Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crayons are for Paper

Well we have hit a milestone, Zoe colored on something other than paper....the couch! She was peacefully and quietly I might add coloring at her picnic table with paper and crayons. Then as she had already done about 4 times she brought all of her supplies to me on the couch. But instead of handing them to me as she had done the 4 times before she stated frantically coloring the couch with her green crayon. I jumped and grabbed the crayon and said "No, we do not color on the couch" causing her to cry of course but as soon as I started scrubbing the couch (and yes it came out beautifully) she wanted to help as well and she was no longer upset. After cleaning the couch she then wiped down her picnic table.....sweet! Didn't think to grab the camera and take a picture of my little Picasso/ merry maid or the couch. This does make me re-think ever getting a light colored couch though!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Quinn recently also had her first instance of coloring on something other than paper... the wall! Luckily that came out too, and now she knows not to do that again :)